WE BUY YOUR PIANOS!
We’ll pay cash for your acoustic piano, and remove it at our cost.
Or Trade in your current piano for value towards your new piano.
Please fill out this form with details about your piano and we will get back to you.
All we need is an email from you with the right information about your piano.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sydney) | email@example.com (Gold Coast)
See bellow our guideline on selling your piano with info require in the email.
We understand going through the guideline is effort for you, you need to sell your piano to us just like the way your would try sell your piano privately. If we don’t purchase your piano the time you spent, use it to advertise your piano elsewhere. We get emailed pianos to buy regularly and we can only pick a few as we cant fit every piano on our showroom floor. If you do have a time restraint to get the piano out then please let us know.
- Pianos we look for, we prefer they are younger than 40 years old.
- If you know the age or when you bought it.
- Please provide the piano Serial Number (this is usually on the metal/iron frame of the piano, you will need to open the lid and look need the strings, machine heads which are the pins the strings are wrapped around)
- A photo of the serial is also ideal.
- More information to help locate your pianos serial here
WE DON’T BUY!! If your piano is over 60 years old, or an old pianola? Unfortunately these type of pianos we don’t have an interest in and if you are trying to find a way to discard your piano please see details at the bottom of the page.
WE DON’T BUY!! Digital pianos, we are only interested in acoustic pianos.
- We need lots of photos, just like you would be selling your piano privately we need to see what you have to offer.
- Photos of exterior showing the Piano condition, Front and Side, Piano Bench.
- Photo of interior, to show the condition of strings, mechanism, if there is any rust.
- Photo of Brand, Model and Serial
- Photos from your phone are fine but just make sure its visibly lit up enough, not a dark image so we can see the piano properly in images.
- Exterior condition of the piano is a big factor in the sale, if there is any damages please let us know, minor scratches we do understand wear and tear happens over time. We are mainly concerned for holes, cracks, paint peeling, wood revealed under paint, water damage, keys broken or not working.
- Interior condition we are looking if there is rust, strings broken, or water damage.
- We are ideally looking at local pianos only, so within 1hr from our stores, In Parramatta NSW or Gold Coast.
- We need a contact phone number and piano location, suburb/state.
- We also need to know if the piano access has stairs and how my stairs, are they interior or exterior stairs, if stairs can be avoided that is preferred. A single step is fine.
- Have you kept your piano maintained?
- When was your piano last tuned?
- What’s the overall condition of your piano, and damages or modifications?
- We understand general wear and tear of the piano will happen but if there is anything major we would like to know.
- Please have an amount that you would like for your piano in your email, if you are unsure that is fine we would just like to know if you have already thought of how much you would like.
- We do not valuate pianos, we only make an offer on your piano, after we have assessed all the information you have given us we will then make you an offer or refuse if do not wish to purchase your piano.
- Payment will either be a cash or bank transfer payment.
- Is this an urgent sale, do you need it removed soon?
- Please be patient with our response, we will make a decision to purchase or not within a week.
- If you have not heard from us we have either missed your email or still in process, but please feel free to contact us if you are concerned.
We only come to inspect if necessary, we hope to see enough information on your email that we can make a decision about buying your piano without the need for an inspection. So please provide enough information about your piano as if you were posting up an online listing.
- This is only if you are after another piano to replace what you have.
- If you are after a new piano and would like to trade in your old one we can work out a great trade in value offer.
- Some pianos are not worth a trade in value so as part of a sale we can help with a removal/discard of your piano as part of the sale.
Unfortunately these type of pianos we do not want. How to tell the age? Most 80+ year old pianos are a matte wood finish no high gloss paint, some even have candle stick holders, if it is looking like an old piano it very much is an old piano. A piano that cant hold it tune has also aged.
Pianola’s were a great piano but unfortunately due to maintenance and less technicians who understand how to maintain these pianos the value of them are dropping, the Pianola’s today are very high tech ie Yamaha Disklavier, there is a new age on what is available. Because Pianola Piano are not in our market we deal with we do not buy them.
If you think your piano still has value as we understand that you would like a return for you piano, but please know that this type of piano is only valued on an antiquity level, our business does not deal with antiquities, we deal with Pianists who would like a working and playable piano. If you want value for your piano you will need to find a specialist who deals with antiques, unfortunately we can not help in this area. Please know that even on the antique market depending on the overall condition of your piano, sad to say it still can be worth little to nothing.
Ways to get rid of your piano:
- List your piano on Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace, advertise it at a small figure or free, hopefully someone will come and collect.
- Contact council, they may collect and pick up, but will require piano to be on side of the road.
- Contact your local piano removals to come collect and discard your piano, there will be a removal fee and a discard fee.
- You can attempt to disassemble the piano yourself and take it to your local tip, please note this is very laborious work and requires skill and some study on how to attempt to do this. We advise still to get a professional to discard your piano for you.
Please don’t ask us, do you know anyone who would like to buy my piano?
We will ask the same question to you, as much as we offer purchasing pianos we are also looking for customers to purchase the pianos we have in our store, that’s why we are a store and advertise to reach potential clients. Unfortunately we don’t know anyone who would buy your piano, you will need to put effort into selling, calling, listing online and advertising. As mentioned above places you can start is facebook market place, gumtree, eBay, reverb or trading post.