Top Roland Quality, Incredible Value
Though it comes at an entry-level price, the F-20 delivers sound, features, and performance directly inherited from Roland’s high-end pianos. With its compact size and built-in stereo speaker system, the instrument fits nicely into any home environment and is easy to move from room to room. The stylish wood cabinet comes in your choice of Contemporary Black or Simulated Dark Walnut finishes, so you can select the perfect color to compliment your living space.
Authentic Touch and Tone to Translate Emotion into Sound
Offering quality sound and playing touch that far exceeds other instruments in its class, the F-20 delivers solid performance that will carry your child through many years of musical development. The Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement inherits the functions, appearance, and texture of keyboards found in our flagship instruments, providing an authentic grand piano touch for building fundamental playing techniques quickly and efficiently. The famous SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine—also derived from Roland’s top-line models—allows students to develop their skills with the rich tone and expressiveness of a world-class acoustic grand.
Air Performer and Piano Partner Apps Motivate Your Child to Play
Roland’s free apps for Apple iOS devices offer a unique way to motivate your child’s interest in playing and practice. With the Air Performer app, they can play along with favorite songs in the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly* through the F-20’s sound system. The Piano Partner app for iPad includes Flash Card, an interactive music program that kids will love, plus an intuitive graphical interface for selecting tones, songs, and rhythms in the F-20. Flash Card develops listening and reading skills in a fun way by challenging your child to identify notes that are shown on the iPad’s display and sounded from the piano, with awards given after five challenges. Available from the Apple App Store, these powerful apps make it easy to use today’s mobile technology to enhance your child’s piano development.
*Wireless communication requires the Wireless USB Adaptor (Roland WNA1100-RL or ONKYO UWF-1) and a wireless LAN access point with an Internet connection.
Intelligent Accompaniment Helps Develop a Sense of Rhythm
With its onboard Rhythm feature, the F-20 lets your child experience music with a beautiful backing ensemble, so they can have fun and develop their timing skills at the same time. This amazing piano automatically accompanies their playing, intelligently following with chord backing and rhythms. 32 different accompaniment styles cover a variety of musical genres, and it’s simple and intuitive to select rhythms from the F-20’s panel or the Piano Partner app. The app also allows young students to play the fundamental elements of the F-20’s accompaniment (drums and bass or drums only) without the other backing instruments, a great feature for daily piano practice.
Digital Advantages Enhance Learning and Enjoyment at Home
Unlike acoustic pianos, which require regular tuning and maintenance, the digital F-20 never needs to be tuned, so your child can enjoy perfect piano sounds year round. It also includes a wide range of useful onboard features for practicing and fun, such as a metronome, a recorder for capturing performances, and a Twin Piano mode that splits the keyboard so two people can play side by side in the same octave ranges. You can easily adjust the piano’s volume to suit the room, or use headphones for private practice without disturbing others. Additionally, convenient output jacks give you the ability to connect the piano to an external sound system for broader coverage at parties and family gatherings at home. The F-20 also includes electric piano, harpsichord, organ, guitar, strings, and even synthesizer sounds, allowing students to explore a world of instruments beyond the piano
- Roland’s top-level piano technologies deliver best-in-class performance
- Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement for an authentic grand piano touch
- Highly acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine from top-line Roland models provides the rich, expressive tone of a fine acoustic grand
- Play along with favorite songs in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the free Air Performer app
- Develop basic music listening and reading skills with the free Piano Partner app for iPad
- Built-in Rhythm feature that intelligently follows your playing, plus a wide selection of additional sounds such as organs, strings, guitars, choir, and more
- Dual and Split modes allow you to layer tones and play different sounds with the left and right hands
- Connect USB memory to save songs you’ve captured with the onboard recorder and play along with WAV and SMF songs
- Compact wood cabinet with your choice of Contemporary Black or Simulated Dark Walnut finishes; optional matching stands available for each finish
- Included DP-10 Damper Pedal provides continuous response for half-pedaling and other traditional acoustic piano techniques
- Convenient headphone storage hook included with optional KSC-68 stand